- Which hour was most daunting for you? Hours 16-23 in which I was sleeping.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I read The House of Paper and really enjoyed it, it is a book about people who love books - what could be better for the readathon?
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Nope, I wish I had a different start time, but that would involve me moving, so chances are it will be 8am again.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? My fellow cheerleaders were great, and the hosts made everything so organized and easy!
- How many books did you read? About one and a half.
- What were the names of the books you read? The House of Paper & French Lessons
- Which book did you enjoy most? I actually think I enjoyed them equally.
- Which did you enjoy least? Neither.
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? This was my first time cheering, my advice is to not set too high of a goal for yourself. I didn't realize how long it would take to read posts and cheer people on, so I set a goal of 100 and I only got to 70. It also takes a while in the beginning when you have to weed out the people that aren't actually participating. Overall though it was really fun!
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I will definitely participate, probably reading and cheering again.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
readathon, the end
I woke up about an hour ago and tried to read but between making breakfast for everyone and two cats that hadn't received any attention in over 6 hours, it was pretty hard.